Keynote –Humans: Designing Within Our Species
Product design, Architecture, TechnologyPurchase Tickets
While virtually all designers and design education programs describe a focus on people, that’s not fully the case. We’ll cover a number of topics centered on what we know and don’t know about people, such as:
- How our evolutionary past shapes our relationship with products, brands, and each other.
- Instincts vs. preconceptions.
- The positive as well as troublesome ways in which females and males think and act differently, affecting not just what but how we design.
- Design’s ability to influence behavior, and the power it can give us as designers.
- How the evolution of the field itself may be slowing down the future of design.
|ABOUT THE PRESENTER|
|Dan Formosa, PHD|